Date(s) - 02/07/2014
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Santa Cruz Museum of Art and History
As part of the regular First Friday event at the museum, the Santa Cruz Art of Guitar Exhibit and Festival will present 12 guitarists demonstrating instruments from distinguished Santa Cruz-based luthiers, a llutherie demonstration by Hill Guitar Company and much more.
*FIRST FRIDAY MAIN STAGE SCHEDULE
6:00 Jayme Kelly Curtis – Tony Graziano Guitars
6:15 Kenny Hill – Hill Guitar Company
6:30 Ben Bording – Matthew Mustapick Guitars
6:45 Bob Basa – Andrew Sacco Archtop Guitars
7:00 David Winter – Fred Carlson Harp Guitars
7:15 Doug Young – Ed Claxton Guitars
7:30 Tess Dunn and Rory Freeman – Jeff Traugott Guitars
7:45 Robby Eckert – David Morse Guitars
8:00 William Coulter – Santa Cruz Guitar Company Guitars
8:15 Patti Maxine, Colin Alder and Rhan Wilson – CruzTone Lap Steel Guitars and Rick Turner/Renaissance Guitars
8:30 Bill Walker – Scott Walker Guitars
*MORE FIRST FRIDAY ATTRACTIONS
• Live lutherie demonstration by Hill Guitar Company – Kenny Hill and sons from Hill guitar Company will set up shop and show the making of fine classical guitars.
• 5:00 pm Harmonics/physics demonstration/lecture by author David Winter (TBC)
• Hands on crafts activity for kids from 1 to 92 with finish expert Addam Stark
• Guitar strap weaving demonstration with Annie MacHale
• William James Association information table on Prison Arts Project
• Luthier’s Coffee House – Relax with a cup of coffee and a snack and enjoy a slide show of luthiers at work by Jim MacKenzie and Renee Flower
• Second String Project Collection Point – Bring your sets of used guitar strings to be distributed to musicians in undeveloped areas of the world
Admission is free.
No comments yet.